1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
4 well beaten eggs
1 cup sour cream & strawberry jam
Daniel and I made this for Sunday dinner tonight and loved it. We had fresh spinach on hand, so we used that instead of mâche (I don’t know what that is, but wikipedia does: corn salad). The Citrus Vinaigrette makes this salad.
Hands-on Time: 20 min.; Total Time: 1 hr., 10 min. (including vinaigrette).
- YIELD: Makes 4 servings
- COURSE: Salads
- 1 pound medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh mâche, thoroughly washed
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat a 17- x 10-inch cast-iron pan or 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven 10 minutes. Toss together sweet potato wedges and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Place sweet potato mixture in hot pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Stir once, and bake 15 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to caramelize.
- 3. Spoon potato mixture over mâche; drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette.