Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Orange Julius


The other day, I found Tamara's Orange Julius recipe, and I thought I should scan it in because it would be fun for everyone to see this old beat up recipe for a family favorite. So I got online to do it, and that very day, Michael had already done the same thing with another recipe! My thunder was stolen and I had other things to do, so I forgot about it for a while.

Today, I came across the recipe again and I decided to scan and post it anyway. The family will still enjoy and I'll reduce my pile of papers by 1 card.


Orange Julius

1 6oz can frozen orange juice
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
10-12 ice cubes
Blenderize the above ingredients in a blender.

Brent, if you have any expertise to add, please comment, or anyone else for that matter. :D

2 comments:

Jocelyn Robertson said...

I'm enjoying seeing the old recipe cards I grew up with scanned in. Keep it up, even if it's already been done.

Joanne said...

These "old recipe cards" were printed up on a homemade hectograph using knox gelatin and glycerin. We typed the recipe on the wrong side of the ditto, pressed it onto the hectograph and then used it to make up to 15-20 copies! Maybe I should add the hectograph recipe (can you even buy dittos anymore?). Brent is very good at doubling this recipe. And it is so delicious on a hot summer night. But beware-though it is packed full of Vitamin C, it is HIGH kcal. Thanks for adding this recipe for safe keeping!

Well, we didn't quite make it as the Robertson Family Singers: let's see how we do with cooking...