Thursday, November 12, 2009

Favorite Pumpkin Dessert


1 ½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
4 large eggs
4 cups pumpkin puree (~32 oz can)
2 cans evaporated milk
1 yellow cake mix
1 cube of butter or margarine softened

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into 9x13 baking glass.
Cut butter into cake mix (like when making pie dough. Use a fork or pastry blender.)
Top batter with cake and butter mixture.
Bake in preheated 425⁰F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350⁰ F; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Serve warm or cold. Goes great with vanilla ice cream.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

This picture looks like it has nuts on top of the topping - looks so yummy! Know it is!

Andrea said...

I love this dessert! I've never had it with ice cream, but it looks good!

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Hmm. I think I'll make this for Sunday dinner. Yum. Thanks for the idea. :)

Andrea, we always have it with ice cream. I think you just forgot.

Tamara, did you take that picture? It looks so professional.

Grammyzanne said...

Looks really good. I found recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Dessert I really liked. Go to bettycrocker.com and search for a dessert recipe with pumpkin and apple pie filling. The only thing I would do differently is add another can of apple pie filling - or make my own if I had the time.

Joanne said...

I used a spice cake mix for topping today. We all voted that we prefer the yellow cake mix but there was nothing wrong with spice cake.

Well, we didn't quite make it as the Robertson Family Singers: let's see how we do with cooking...