Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sweet Potato Souffle

This is one of my favorite sweet potato recipes. This recipes is from my good friend, Vicki Gunnerson. I think of her when I make this recipe and remember good times.
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla
Beat with mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in 1/2 cup raisins (optional at our house).

Topping:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 Tbsp. melted margarine
Mix together and crumble over the top of the souffle.
Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Purists like to boil and mash fresh sweet potatoes. Because I have a 20 year supply of canned sweet potatoes (as not many in this household like them), I drain a can really well and then mash.

1 comment:

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

I have a can of sweet potatoes in the cupboard. Will have to make this for Sunday dinner. : )

Well, we didn't quite make it as the Robertson Family Singers: let's see how we do with cooking...