Friday, July 4, 2008

Cold Chicken Curry Salad

Jocelyn asked for my Chicken Curry Salad. It is difficult as I seldom measure and use what I have on hand.

3 cups cubed cooked chicken, cooled and chilled
6 oz slivered almonds
1/2 cup diced celery
¼ cup minced onion or green onion or omit
2 cups halved green grapes
2-3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
¾- 1 tsp Curry Powder
1/1/2 cups Mayonnaise (can use ½ sour cream, ½ mayo)more if needed

Mix mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, parmesan cheese and onion together. Toss chicken cubes, almonds, celery and sliced grapes together. Lightly mix the sauce with the chicken mixture. Chill salad. Use a scoop to serve a mound onto either a lettuce leaf or a large tomato divided into 6 cuts (like a flower), gently spread and place scoop of salad in center.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Thanks for adding this. I think I'll make it next time I need to bring a salad.

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

Mom, you ought to take a picture of this in a tomato next time you make this.

Well, we didn't quite make it as the Robertson Family Singers: let's see how we do with cooking...