Friday, July 11, 2008

Ginger Limeade

I served this to my friends for my birthday party this year. It's from Cooking Light.

Instead of making my own limeade, I substituted frozen limeade from concentrate.

Ingredients

6 cups cold water, divided
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
3 tablespoons grated lime rind
10 mint leaves
1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
4 lime wedges (optional)

Preparation

Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, ginger, rind, and mint leaves in a blender, and process until well blended. Cover; chill for 2 hours.

Add remaining 5 3/4 cups water and juice; stir to combine. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.

Yield

4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)

No comments:

Well, we didn't quite make it as the Robertson Family Singers: let's see how we do with cooking...